This shredded chicken and stuffed peppers recipe is a healthy and simple meal and will make for a delicious dinner for your family, date or even yourself. Most sides will go great with this meal, especially some roasted vegetables or a salad.
- 6 bell peppers
- 1 1/2 pounds of ground chicken breast
- 1/2 cup of uncooked quinoa
- 15 oz of can tomato sauce
- 1 diced medium yellow onion
- 4 minced cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of dried basil
- 1 tbsp of dried oregano
- 1/2 tbsp of dried parsley
- 1/3 cup of fresh chopped basil
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 and coat a large 11″ x 13″ pan with cooking spray
- Quinoa is cooked according to the package
- In a large skillet, coat with olive oil and add onions over medium heat for about 2 minutes
- After 2 minutes add chicken, dried basil, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper. Cook until no longer pink. Use a wooden spoon to break up the meat while it cooks.
- Add tomato sauce and stir till contents are mixed together. Remove from heat.
- Add the chicken mix and cooked quinoa to a large bowl and add more seasoning as needed.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into all halved peppers and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Put all peppers onto cooking pan and place into oven and cook for about 30 minutes. You want the peppers to be tender and the cheese melted.
- Take out and serve!
Recipe credit and more visit: http://www.laaloosh.com/
ALSO CHECK OUT RECIPE: PAN-GRILLED SALMON WITH PINEAPPLE SALSA