Driving traffic to your website or blog can serve to be a difficult task. Everyone is always looking for the best way to drive large amounts of traffic to their sites.There is a lot more strategy and planning that goes into driving traffic. You need to know your target market, what platforms to post on, when to post on them, what kind of post they want and much more. In order to get the traffic you want, you need to do some digging and look into what drives people to other websites and blogs. Understand their way of posting and the methods they use in order to drive such large numbers. Below are some inforgraphs to help better understand what times to post on social media.
Being one of the top sharing platforms, Facebook is an amazing resource for driving traffic to your site. Understanding when to post is ideal for this platform.
- Best generic time to post is between 1-4 pm
- Weekends 12-1 pm
- End of the week 1-4 pm
- Beginning of the week around 3 pm
Being right there with Facebook, Twitter is another powerful tool to use when driving traffic to your site. With the structure being different from Facebook, it has a bit of a different approach when posting your tweets.
- Best time to post in general is around 12-3 pm
- Peak time is 5 pm during the workweek
- Middle of the week 12 pm and 5-6 pm
- Beginning and end of the week 12-3 pm and 5 pm
- Experimental time 2-3 am, 6-7 am, 9-10 pm
Pinterest isn’t as big when it comes to driving traffic but covering all your bases is the best way for top results.
- Saturdays are the best days to post
- Saturdays around 8-11 pm
- Fridays around 3 pm
- Peak times 9 pm and 8-11 pm
LinkedIn is my personal favorite platform to post on. It is a secret gem in my opinion when it comes to driving traffic. It is littered with so many different groups that you can post to quiet often. The groups can be specific in what you want and have upwards to 100,000 people in them.
- Midweek is the prime time to post
- Tuesdays 10-11 am
- Midweek 7-8 am, 12 pm and 5-6 pm
- General times 5-6 pm, 7-8 am 12 pm
GOOGLE + social media
Google + is not one of the top platforms to use to drive traffic. In my opinion its only use is for Google to recognize you are active on the internet and in turn helps your SEO status. Other than that Google + is not the best help to drive traffic in terms of directly but will help generate organic search traffic.
- Best time to post is 9-11 am especially on Wednesdays
- 90% of people on Google + are lurkers and don’t interact
- Good times to post are Wednesday 9 am
- Weekdays 9-11 am
I’m not as familiar with Instagram but I know its more beneficial for certain niche blogs or websites. It is a good platform for weekly engagement.
- Mondays are the best
- Midweek anytime other than 3-4 pm
- Videos any day at 9 pm – 9 am
- Experimental times 2 am, 5 pm, and 7 pm
For more information and credit for images: https://coschedule.com/
ALSO CHECK OUT FOUR MARKETING BOOKS THAT WILL CHANGE YOUR WAY OF LIFE